Tuesday, April 16, 2013

M...Moderation

You know the saying...everything in moderation. It's so true. I think this might be my biggest problem area that I need to conquer in my journey to healthy eating. I have a tendency to eat three platefuls of dinner or a whole bag of chips or cookies. No wonder I am overweight and unhealthy!

Food is just so good, how could you not resist? That is the trouble with a lot of people, including me. We don't resist the temptation. The things I love the most are cheesecake, mashed potatoes and gravy and pastries. I have a really hard time eating a small helping or just one of these. But it is necessary to not be pigging out on these empty calories, even though they are yummy.

It certainly doesn't just apply to food either. The same goes for everything in life. Work, alcohol, spending money, even exercise. Too much of a good thing can turn bad for us.

Everything in moderation. I think I need to cross stitch this saying and hang it on my wall!

What things do you need to remember to keep in moderation for a healthy life?

~Kim~

No comments:

Post a Comment